Sunday, June 12, 2022

V/A - A Manchester Collection 1979

Somehow I'm not really waking up today and the long working week has fucked me off, despite the holiday, but I also want to make a first post on this sunny Sunday before I have to take care of the stupid obligations as a tenant. This nice compilation shows bands of the Manchester Musicians Collective and was released via Object Music and is an early audio document of the emerging underground scene in this city. A short intro from the BandOnTheWall site which describes those early days in detail: "When the idea of a Manchester Musicians Collective first emerged, it was expected that the participants would be from the exploratory end of the music spectrum, free improvisers perhaps and committed experimentalists, possibly mixing music with performance art. This expectation was based on the involvement with other collectives of the two original protagonists, music graduates Trevor Wishart and Dick Witts (Trevor in York, Dick in London). But soon after the Collective got going in April 1977 it was obvious that Manchester’s version would be very different: much more Rock’N’Roll." Well, infected by this spirit, in addition to the loud, horrible Punk music that emerged at the end of the seventies, numerous bands were formed and left us unforgettable moments with their tuneful sounds. A refreshing record, that still pushes me in a good mood!

1.You Are The One - GROW-UP
2.Night Rally - GROW-UP
3.I'm In Love - I.Q. ZERO
4.I Must Obey - I.Q. ZERO
5.Why - FAST CARS
6.What Can I Do? - FAST CARS
7.Monotony - MEDIATERS
8.Fireplace - FIREPLACE
9.Dutchman - FIREPLACE
10.First Floor - PICTURE CHORDS
11.Levitating Ladies - PICTURE CHORDS
12.The Cake Shop Device - MANCHESTER MEKON
13.Property Of... - PROPERTY OF...
14.Wooden Gangsters - VIBRANT THIGH
15.Working On The Line - F.T.INDEX
16.Double Face - SLIGHT SECONDS
17.New Me - SLIGHT SECONDS


3 comments:

  1. This is the kinda stuff I just can't get enough of, keep em comin!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you please post a new link to this?

    ReplyDelete