Thursday, March 24, 2022

IRON MAIDEN - @ Sun Plaza/Tokyo 24.05.1981

Today to a band that has accompanied me since their third album and that I appreciate very much: Iron Maiden - Founded in Leyton/East London in 1975 by bassist and primary songwriter Steve Harris and they're still traveling the world to date. The band's discography has grown to forty-one albums, including seventeen studio, thirteen live albums, four EPs, and seven compilations (who can keep up with that?)My last Maiden album which I bought was the sixth one, the first with guitar synthesizers and it was kind of strange to me at the time so I didn't feel much enthusiasm, furthermore Punkrock moved into my veins and brightened my spirit and changed my life. Nevertheless, I attended the Somewhere On Tour and it was more of a coincidence. I was sitting at home with buddies and we thought about what to do with the evening, Maiden played on November 20th, 1986 in Offenbach, in the small Stadthalle, together with W.A.S.P. from Los Angeles. Unfortunately, I don't have any more pictures in my head, but we went there spontaneously (at that time you could still get tickets at the box office) and enjoyed the evening.

Now after more than thirty-five years I bought the latest work by the British, Senjutsu, and I'm blown away; but not because of the mostly positive reviews, no no no... I rather have the feeling that they never left, they still sound powerful, solid joy of playing and you can tell that the gentlemen want to and still can do it, the new epic shoots me back into my youth like a time machine, and I'm feeling great. The only difference, the songs are a bit longer. I think the success is because it's their first album in almost six years.

Well, I want to bow & out of gratitude for all the fantastic emotions, now a little tribute post in form of a live recording from their Killer tour in 1981 (still with Paul Di'Anno on the mic who was allowed to leave the band in September '81). In their early days they sounded a bit harder and rougher, which reflects the special charm of the songs, and an experience for everyone who doesn't know Maiden at this time. Top sound quality and strong overall. Enjoy the show and the quality and quantity of this historic recording, especially in fuckin' times like these. Up the Irons!

The Ides Of March/Wrathchild/Purgatory/Sanctuary/Remember Tomorrow/Another Life/Genghis Khan/Killers/Innocent Exile/Twilight Zone/Strange World/Murders In The Rue Morgue/Phantom Of The Opera/Iron Maiden/Running Free/Transylvania/Drifter/I've Got The Fire


No comments:

Post a Comment