Thursday, September 30, 2021

RAW POWER - Screams From The Gutter 1985

I thought I had already posted this record, but to my shame I find out, No.. so now it's time for a fucking milestone awesome Hardcore stuff and I'm talkin' about the second album by Raw Power from Poviglio on Toxic Shock. The deal with the label came about during a tour of the USA in 1984 when the five performed with the Dead Kennedys in Los Angeles. It was on this show that they were discovered by Bill Sassenberger, owner of Toxic Shock Records. The band signed a record deal with Bill, from which the album Screams From The Gutter emerged and this sold well over 40.000 copies, exclusively through independent distributors and shops. As you can hear, this slab was played very often, cracks properly, but is that a wonder ???? No!, powerful songs with excellent lyrics and vocals that I rarely heard back then. AllMusic editor Eduardo Rivadavia gave the album a perfect five-star rating, describing it as "one of the all-time classics of the '80s crossover movement" and "as seminal a document of '80s crossover as has ever been recorded". I can only agree because there is nothing wrong with this album and a worthy farewell to September. A must have!


1 comment: