Sunday, August 29, 2021

THE CURE - @ The Zenith/Paris October 1992

There is music that remains timeless, emotional and will never be forgotten, and especially when the sound for years accompanies you through your ups and downs. For me it's the Cure whose records I own all the way up to the Wild Mood Swings record, from then on they weren't the same. I'm not sure, in addition to the numerous bootlegs, the first official live records came out in the early nineties, this one and the fantastic Show double album. Yesterday evening after ripping vinyl I listened to these two records after a long time and thought: what great music and why not post it? And then the thought occurred to me what a blessing to grow up with such a brilliant band. Nowadays there is no comparison and I regret the music lovers who grow up with the short-lived artificial formations whose music always sounds the same and completely shitty is and doesn't have any character, compiled by the majors, only to earn money, without a heart or attitude to life. That's the modern musical world; radio compatible, dumb, uncritical, non-reflective, mass-produced and a waste of time. And that's why it is important to rediscover such classics like this album. Of course, I recommend all those who aren't yet familiar with Cure records, get them and enrich your musical horizon.

The Figurehead/One Hundred Years/At Night/Play For Today/Apart/In Your House/Lovesong/A Letter To Elise/Dressing Up/Charlotte Sometimes/Close To Me/A Night Like This/Trust/A Forest


1 comment:

  1. I agree with you 100%, Cure is and will never die, glorious music for all subsequent generations, who will ask themselves in the future: who make such emotional sound? I'm grateful that I can't experience that!

    Cheers Manfred

    ReplyDelete