Thursday, May 27, 2021

SAGA - Images At Twilight 1979

Second album by SagaCanada's most successful progressive rock band and much appreciated by me. They continue with their typical sound and great songcraft, but I think it's a little uneven and powerless compared to their brilliant debut (listen). It's overall not bad and certainly worth listening to (for example Images, You're Not Alone, Mouse In A Maze, It's Time...), but somehow I don't like the thin production and I find songs like "Slow Motion" or "See Them Smile" even boring (and that from a band that I value in principle). Sure, it has some excellent moments and it's not a bad record either, the cover is fantastic and only two of the eight songs are superfluous, but overall I classify their second record as the last of the first six that I have. Well, nevertheless music that accompanied me for decades and is still on my guest list. Belongs in this blog like radishes in lettuce.


No comments:

Post a Comment