Sunday, April 04, 2021

V/A - Punk Rock/New Wave '77 1978

I hope you have a pleasant Easter days and time for good music. Today a obscure release with mostly bands from the UK and on this compilation, which came out in Portugal via Pirate Dream Records in an edition of 400 copies, are only classics that saw the light of day as 7Inch at the end of the 70s. I bought the slab on my Antarctic vacation thirty years ago from a penguin near the Amundsen-Scott South Pole Stationafter long haggling, for a few dollars. You can surely imagine how amazed I was when I found such a rare record, nowadays only available at high prices, in this region and of course didn't hesitate for long. Well, sometimes I'm lucky too and today I present you the little anecdote and I'm sure you will like the stuff as well. Even though we exchanged addresses, I never met the penguin again, but it will stay in my memory forever. So friends, enjoy the good ole sound that still towers over many current records and I know that won't change.

1.I Wanna Be Free - THE RINGS
2.Friday On My Mind - LONDON
3.Siouxie Sue - LONDON
4.Your Generation - GENERATION X
5.In The City - THE JAM
6.Non Stop Dancing - THE JAM
7.Taking My Love - THE JAM
8.Art School - THE JAM
9.Slow Down - THE JAM
10.Batman (There) The Me - THE JAM
11.Outside View - EATER
12.Thinking Of The USA - EATER
13.Broken Windows - WARM GUN
14.They Call Me Energy - HIDEOUS STRENGTH
15.Motörhead - MOTÖRHEAD
16.City Kids - MOTÖRHEAD
17.You're So Dumb - SKREWDRIVER
18.Love Detective - THE RADIATORS FROM SPACE
19.God Save The Queen - SEX PISTOLS


3 comments:

  1. Geiiiiil....die hätte ich auch gern.
    Da bin ich jetzt (vor allem auch als Sampler-Sammler) voll neidisch!
    Rrrrreschpeckt, mein Herr! ;o)
    Scheene Krieße,
    Nolti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ich bitte dich Nolti, für 120 Tacken im Sonderangebot bei discogs, mit Portugal Urlaub sparst du Versandkosten. Wenn das nichts ist.... ;)

      Delete