Friday, March 12, 2021

TURBONEGRO - I Got Erection 7'' 1995

I wanna start the weekend with a single from a band, I guess, that everyone of you knows and "I Got Erection" is their seventh 7Inch (three different versions exist) from the fantastic Ass Cobra album, and a real cracker. 💣💥💣 Short info at this point: Turbonegro came together as a band in Oslo and started around Christmas 1988. Always surrounded by scandal and controversy, they have broken up, retired and changed members several times. They combines glam, punk and hard rock into a self-described "Deathpunk" musical style. Turbonegro's lyrics often attack political correctness. Their genre of punk has been self-described as deathpunk. The band has stated that their music superseded existing genres, so they dubbed it "Deathpunk" as a way to avoid being pigeonholed into musical groupings they felt they were above. Lyrics referencing the genre choice include "gimme deathpunk baby, and I like it" from the song "Get It On". Sharing characteristics with certain musical predecessors, (Sex Pistols wearing swastikas, etc.), Turbonegro has been praised by some as playing the most up-to-date form of punk with an anarchic blend of humour, shock and sexuality. 💥💣💥 The B-side of this single, Jeg Will Bli Som Jesus, is a Norwegian New Wave classic (originally by Kjøtt), sung by Eugene Chadbourne in 'phonetic' Norwegian. The band is still alive and on tour worldwide.


3 comments:

  1. hi
    do u want to exchange blog links?

    I ran the old blackwalls1 site. (We exchanged links but blackwalls1 is now gone.)

    my new site is: https://blackwalls2.blogspot.com/

    if u decide to add me to your bloglist I will see in my stats and add u to my bloglist..

    no probs if u dont want to.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Na klar, you're on my Friends list, Prost!

      Delete
    2. thanks, added you also.

      Delete