Sunday, December 06, 2020

SERENE FALL - Silent Word 10'' 2015

I've already told a lot about Serene Fall, a gifted band from M'gladbach, founded as four piece, disbanded as three about four years. Silent World is the last record, released via Major Label in an edition of 500 copies. Four songs, all great and I remember, when I first heard the title track, Maul gave me a demo many years ago with damn good songs and Silent World was one of them, back as four recorded at the end of the 90s, I guess, I was immediately impressed and urged him to put the song on vinyl (as well as Just Friends but Udo didn't want that) and five years ago the masterpiece was finally immortalized as flip on this fantastic 10". I think, it wasn't easy to record this twelve minute piece with just one guitar but Maul (vocals/guitars), Udo (bass), Uli (drums) made the best of it and is one of the best songs by the band in my opinion. After their breakup, Maul and Uli continued as Carrows who released their demo as an EP this year, also on Major Label, 50 copies, and now active as Troops Of The Sun, their debut To Feed The Heart was released last year.

I re-upped all Serene Fall stuff before you ask because I know they would come. Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. very cool album with great songs, seldom found nowadays.

    thanks :) - Bianca

    ReplyDelete