Tuesday, December 29, 2020

GROOVIE GHOULIES - Re-Animation Festival 1997

Continue with great music. A band that stands for melodic, rough and dynamic sounds: The Groovie Ghoulies were punks from Sacramento/California, founded 1983 and disbanded in 2007, whose music took inspiration from horror movies. Originally comprised singer/bassist Kepi, his guitarist wife Roach, and drummer Wendy. They released numerous albums, EPs & Singles, and toured internationally. Their music is best classified as pop-punk and is heavily influenced by early punk groups, plus a dose 60s garage rock and solid Rock'n'Roll. Throughout their career the band recorded cover versions of songs by several of their heroes. I know that I saw them live at some point, because I bought the Lost Generation EP which I unfortunately no longer have, but I can't remember when but it was at a gig, that's for sure. Anyway, twelve bubblepunkies are waiting for you, better than any bedtime story. 


2 comments: