Saturday, November 14, 2020

V/A - Just When You Thought It Was... Quiet! 1982

Before I start today with ripping a very nice New Wave compilation by Quiet Records with bands from two continents, thirteen in total and each with one song. With records like this, it's like a lottery, sometimes amazingly good, and sometimes terribly bad. This stuff belongs to the successful part. A healthy mixture of fast punkie pieces, typical wave sounds and a little experimental noises and that's exactly what I like. I can't tell who sent me the file, but it was definitely a good deed. I have to do my laundry on the side and another New Wave goodie will follow later, I hope it's as refreshing as this one.

1.Goin' Uptown - KNOX
2.State Of Mind - SEX GANG CHILDREN
3.Blood - ÞEYR
4.Troops Of Tomorrow - THE TROOPS
5.Problem Child - HANOI ROCKS
6.Rush Hour - MXYZTPLK
7.Tracks Of My Tears - HALF JAPANESE
8.Decline - HËADHUNTËRS
9.Cocaine - URBAN DOGS
10.The Fish Needs A Bike - BLURT
11.Guðfræði - VONBRIGÐI
12.Big Red Brain - METHOD ACTORS
13.Other Queues - THE PROCESS


4 comments:

  1. Thank you for this! I have never seen it online. Quiet Records was one of the labels formed after the founders of Armageddon Records split up. Some of the experimental and new wave artists used to be on Armageddon: Blurt, Method Actors, Half Japanese, and Knox (who drew the cover).

    Þeyr is proto-Sugarcubes, and "Problem Child" is my favorite Hanoi Rocks song... again, thank you!

    ReplyDelete