Friday, November 27, 2020

THE LAST LADS - Rochatell 7'' 1983

I open the Weekend with a re-post from November 2012 and the following single is a real rarity. Released on their own label, I think, the six men have two gifted tracks recorded and it's a shame that the band's not mentioned anywhere. Not a single word in The Encyclopedia Of Swedish Punk 1977-1987 or in Ny Våg (and both books are great) and I wonder why?? On this 7inch are two punk smasher which has it all: excellent guitars, brilliant bass-line, perfect drums and a striking Swedish voice. And the length of the songs to that is right. So what the Hell is wrong? Maybe this is a promo and should never official released??? Hard to question the reasons and in the end, I don't give a shit. The main thing is the 7'' is even there and with this record the band have a nice piece of vinyl in their petto and nowadays is highly coveted by many record-collectors. So I promise, you will love it all the way through.

1 comment: