Saturday, October 31, 2020

FRONTALROCK - Nattens Barn 7'' 1980

We come to a band this morning that doesn't have much to do with punk, rather their sound is influenced by early New Wave and Rock'N'Roll. Founded in Täby, Stockholm in the late Seventies this five piece were Jan (vocals), Johan (guitars), Christer (bass), Lars-Åke (piano & harmonica), Matti (drums) and they recorded both tunes in 1979 and released privately 1980 on Gadd Records and is limited to 500 copies, b.t.w. cool cover. Both tunes are simple Rock and I know some of you will consider them boring or nothing special. Admittedly, that's what I thought at first and I like it rather snotty, but after listening to them a while I like both and for the fact that I didn't know it, they somewhat acceptable. The single is the band's only sign of life, they probably broke up in the early 80s or found their way into other bands. I would possibly include them on a compilation. Decide for yourself.

- Great Thx to Fredrik -


1 comment: