Sunday, September 06, 2020

V/A - Who's A Punk? 2013

Bit late today, but I had a little housework and had to rip a cool record, but now I'm ready to give you an example of another cool unofficial compilation and first, I think it's from the same detectives who create the Je Suis Punk record; same artwork, almost the same album title and the same stable packaging. I wouldn't say that the songs belong to the very best British punkies, but they are rare, partly unknown to me but that is exactly what made such slabs interesting for me and I'm always curious and happy when such records appear (difficult to keep track of the publication as they usually only appear in limited editions). I have no problem with bootlegs as long as they have a good presentation (a booklet/small insert would have been desirable here) and the selection of songs is largely not available elsewhere, that applies brilliantly on this record. If I award points on a maximum scale of 100, I would give a 90. Ten deduction because no information is included (except on the back). Is that enough for you?... I'm sure - ENJOY!

1.Juvenille City - RICHARD NEWMAN
2.Alltime Needletime Loser - RADIO ACTIVE
3.Bye Byes (Ain't Nice) - TELESCOPE
4.School Days - STEVE VOICE
5.High Rise Love - GYPPO
6.Punk Rock - WOZO
7.Jesus Crisis - HORRORCOMIC
8.Do You Wanna Touch My Safety Pin? - SEPTIMUS
9.Gimme A Can Of Spray Paint - AIRSHIP
10.Down At The Vortex - YELLOW DOG
11.Badly Bruised, Slightly Stoned - COLIN LLOYD BAND
12.Throw Him In Jail - JOHNNY DU CANN
13.Johnny B Rotten - THE MONKS
14.Fuck You - ALBERTO Y LOST TRIOS PARANOIAS


3 comments:

  1. Pretty sure "Wozo" and "Colin Lloyd Band" are the same guys. Tracks are culled from this record here, which I actually own. I think it was used by production studios for background music:

    https://www.discogs.com/Flint-10-And-Wozo-Colin-Lloyd-Band-Badly-Bruised-Slightly-Stoned/release/2275654

    ReplyDelete
  2. *12.Throw Him In Jail - JOHNNY DU CANN - he was the guitarist for Atomic Rooster! This track includes members of Status Quo & John McCoy from Gillan/Mammoth!

    ReplyDelete