Monday, March 09, 2020

CIRCLE JERKS - Wild In The Streets 1982

Second album by one of my favourite American combo Circle Jerks on Faulty Products, a sub-label of I.R.S. Records (my copy is the UK release on Step-Forward Records). The debut was in my opinion a masterpiece: short, nippy & dirty nuggets under fifteen minutes and Wild In The Streets ties in seamlessly, although there two years in between, this only underlines the energetic potential of the four at the highest level, which is implemented consistently and qualitatively. A Review: "Okay, this record doesn't have "the wild, appealingly offensive mixture of crude lyrics and frenetic riffs that made the Circle Jerks' debut, Group Sex" but there are enough tracks that nearly make the mark and not only worthwhile for Orange County punk fanatics." Well, I share 80%, but I'm a Circle Jerks maniac and this is a fantastic slab with tempo, loud noises, a bit longer and a little more in depth but they still hit hard. Essential for any real collection!


2 comments:

  1. as the Dead boys a fantastic first Lp and a disapointing second album , good songs but an horrible production in my opnion

    ReplyDelete
  2. the band's worst album is the "Oddities, Abnormalities & Curiosities" from 1995, and why they recorded this shit is a mystery to me.

    ReplyDelete