Sunday, August 04, 2019

RAMONES - Mondo Bizarro 1992

You can't do anything wrong when you pull out a Ramones slab, that shows your good musical taste and ensures attraction. Unless you are one of those who wear a Ramones T-shirt as fashion and have no idea what's all about, I see enough of you damn stupids! Well, what should I be upset about? Anyway, this modest rip saves me from doing the work myself, a little info from Wiki: Mondo Bizarro is the twelfth studio album by the Ramones, released in 1992. It is the first to feature their new bassist, C.J. Ramone, who replaced departed member Dee Dee Ramone. 

It was the Ramones' first studio album in three years, after the band left Sire Records for a new contract with Radioactive Records. The title was taken from the film of the same name, a 1966 sequel to the film Mondo Cane. Although Dee Dee had left the band, he provided the songs "Poison Heart," "Main Man" & "Strength To Endure" as compensation for the band bailing him out of jail due to problems with his long drug addiction. "Poison Heart" & "Strength To Endure" were released as the album's singles, in June and October 1992, respectively. In a 1992 interview for an Argentinian newspaper, Johnny Ramone said of the album, "Generally I always find two or three songs that I hate. From Mondo Bizarro, I really like almost all the songs and I am very satisfied with the result." However, when he was interviewed about the album for the 2003 documentary End of the Century, he stated, "I don't like it. I don't like it at all." In Johnny's 2012 autobiography he awarded the album (along with its predecessor, 1989's Brain Drain) a "C" grade, stating, "The songs are the weak spots on the album. C.J. was in the band, but his writing wasn't up to par yet." The album was certified gold in Brazil in 2001.

 Thirteen songs and number seven is one of my faves. R.I.P.

- Great Thx to Fredrik -


1 comment:

  1. They did'nt meet the success they deserved.End of the century is not a crap because there are strong songs inside But Spector litterally wrecked the LP .

    ReplyDelete