Saturday, November 17, 2018

RAMONES - Rocket To Russia 1977

Yesterday I saw a brilliant docu on arte called London's Burning Campino in the footsteps of punk and definitely worth seeing and I thought it's time to post another classic by the Ramones and again I think, unbelievable, all four already dead and I realize what an old sack I am. Well, I guess in punkrock heaven is more party then here and we also get the invitation .... somedayRocket To Russia is the third album on Sire Records and is more surf and bubblegum pop influenced. But similar to their previous releases, the lyrics integrated humor, specifically black comedy with themes circling mental disorders and psychiatry, further fourteen 1-2-3-4 nuggets from the New Yorks who knew no breaks. I bought the record in Hamburg at a flea market for twenty German marks and is still great!


2 comments: