Wednesday, February 21, 2018

A FLOCK OF SEAGULLS - Listen 1983

I turn the gear back a little and we beam ourselves into the glorious UK New Wave/Pop era of the 80s and this combo is still a secret favorite in my eyes and Listen was the second album by A Flock Of Seagulls, released 1983 on Zomba Records and this is their most commercial oneThree singles were released from this record, including a re-recorded version of their debut single '(It's Not Me) Talking', but they were only minor successes in the UK and abroad. The ten songs are not really bad but they come a bit too clean (can't find a suitable word) therefore in my opinion, presumably the Science Fiction theme was presented too vehemently and the stupid society doesn't honor further developments and changeor it was simply not a brilliant idea, who knows? Anyway, even after 35 years, their music can compete with the scrap that they call music today -  I have re-upped their debut album before you ask... and now enjoy the sound of Liverpool!


4 comments:

  1. I was in high school when this was released. I'd become somewhat "musically lost"... a rift in a close friendship had sort of set me adrift personally and pop culturally. So one night, idly watching MTV, I happened across the "World Premiere Video" debut of "Wishing"... and I was hooked. I bought this album the following weekend (the vinyl picture disc, no less), and that was that. THIRTY-FIVE YEARS later, they're still one of my absolute favorite bands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant!, dear friend AFOS is one of my superr-favs all-time bands (next to Ultravox,Killing Joke, etc) .Their unique "acrilic" sound is the top for me.And Mike's hairstyle seemed a seagull in fact haha.By the way, I still have got "listen " in vinyl. Well, take care of yourself and enjoy the week

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad that I'm not the only one who is nostalgic, their third will follow! Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That first album was hard to follow up on.

    ReplyDelete