Wednesday, May 17, 2017

KSMB - Rika Barn Leka Bäst 1981

On their second album "Rika Barn Leka Bäst" (transl. Rich Feather Flock Together) KSMB left the punk in part on this record, I mean, it's still there, but this album is very different from their brilliant debut album Aktion. It is widely regarded as the worst of KSMB's only three albums and was also a step away from pure punk (test for comparison this small 7'' collection). One track (Blått & Guld), for example, included a brass ensemble. That first sounds scary and sometimes I think the record is extremely poppy but if I longer to this album so I think it has been criticized unfairly pejorative. Well, today thirty years later, we look on it with different ears and I wish there were more bands playing this kind of music. So I mean this is a cool powerpop/punk album and I think it will convince you. Would be interesting to know what you think.

- Special Thx to Fredrik -


No comments:

Post a Comment