Sunday, March 06, 2016

V/A - Rock Rally 1980

Don't know if this record comes out as a result of a song contest but it seems almost to be. There's a lot of letters on the back cover in French so I'm not sure but I think these tell the story about this record. Released via Lark Records and full with twelve rare goodies and I know only two of them, Red Zebra and Revenge 88. Musically is all what I call underground music right there and I particularly like the cover which was made by Joost Swarte, a dutch cartoonist and graphic designer. Pull up the tunes in and a have sunny Sunday.

1.Colder - THE MACHINES
2.Don't Wait - THE SINGLES
3.Postcard Babies - THE SWEETIES
4.Kontrole - DE BRASSERS
5.Get Up For The Ladies - PRIVY
6.Hollow Sounds - TOULOUSE LECTRIC
7.Let's Do The Razzia - DER POLIZEI
8.Into The Future - REVENGE 88
9.Crimes Of Passion - RED ZEBRA
10.Billy Loser - WEEKEND
11.Fake - THE STAT-X
12.Through The Ceiling - THE EMPLOYEES

here

4 comments:

  1. Here you can find some info on Humo's Rock Rally: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humo's_Rock_Rally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy from San Francisco. Love your blog and am inclined to think I love you. If a reup of this is something you are inclined to do, then my eternal love would almost be assured. Cheers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uiii, I'm touched ... is this a marriage proposal???
      Then I will give you pleasure and hereby a new link.
      Enjoy!

      Delete