Friday, November 13, 2015

NEWTOWN NEUROTICS - His Masters Voice 1992

The next band is even one of those that I like a lot and can listening at any time: The Newtown Neurotics (later just The Neurotics) were an English punk rock/post-punk group formed in 1979. They were noted for their openly political music. I am usually sceptic with albums they titled "The Very Best Of ...." because they were largely released without the consent of the band and the artists' stand still empty and see nothin' of the revenue. And what is then packed on it are the songs that everyone knows and provides no little room for surprises in store. So here too, look at the tracklist and you know what I'm talkin about. This is really not a worse release and the songs here great but a few tracks I think are not included like 'Hypocrite', 'Suzy' or 'Local News'. But if you love the Neurotics then you don't give a shit. So like me, I love this fantastic three and every release is worth buyin' and listen to. - Strong melodies, brilliant lyrics and a dirty rough sound: that's the Neurotics.


No comments:

Post a Comment