Saturday, August 15, 2015

PERSECUTED PHARISEES - Keep Smilin' 1990

Persecuted Pharisees is a pretty cool punk band from Frankfurt with female vox. In 1990 they released unfortunately their only record on Alm-Räcords and on it are fourteen aggressive and snotty punk rock pearls. At the time of then German reunification the lyrics are against any and all: banker, cunning and false friends, unity in the ffm. scene, etc.. and steffi's wild voice gives this record a damn cool feelin' and for me a rare classic (b.t.w. 1A cover). A highlight was a gig, I think it was a sunday, with the legendary Gorilla Biscuits here at the Maxims, a more disco shitsucker place - but I still remember exactly, the gig starts pretty late, the store was full with iros and coloured hairs, leather-jackets and hardcore's and it was pretty hot inside and I was good drunk and both bands played hotter than hell and provided some historical moments in my Punk-Existence. Well, nowadays the Maxim's is no more just like the band, I think they dissolved in 1991 or so. And now: one-two-three four...open the door and let's keep smilin'!

2 comments: