Sunday, July 05, 2015

PEKINŠKA PATKA - Strah Od Monotonije 1981

After their great debut Plitka Poezija from 1980 Pekinška Patka released their 2nd and last album again on Jugoton Records and they changed their sound complete into a more alternative/wave (darkwave) sound. This makes the album more interesting I think and the distinctive voice of the singer is made for it. I can imagine that some will be disappointed but the change of the sound is not done badly, my hit is clearly 'Monotonija', wavige keys meets a driving bass playing, the baritone voice and the monotone rhythm kicks the song to Joy Division feelings and after that comes with 'Neko' a groovy punk firecracker like from the old times...the LP is rounded off with a beautiful ballad. A real good album I think - Listen!!! So now I have to go for a cold shower!


5 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!.....grüß dich aus Berlin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DANKE!!!! - vielleicht sieht man sich bei Razzia & Fliehende Stürme im SO36 am 6.November!!!

      Delete
  2. ja klar!.....bin den ami mit brille...haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks WDM! Glad you still have this thing (the blog under its 'new' name) going on! Keep on going on!
    Saludos,
    Fernando :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Fernando, nice that you have found me again.
      Enjoy!

      Delete