Friday, June 19, 2015

X-S DISCHARGE - Life's A Wank EP 1980

Groucho Marxist Record Co:Operative was a small independent label from Paisley run by printer Tommy Kayes, a member of a Clydeside Anarchist group. Overall were issued two V/A EP's, an EP by X-S Discharge and a single by Defiant Pose during the period 1979-81. More about the label and the Paisley Punk scene can be found above. On this rare record this very talented scottish punk band from Paisley fire here four extraordinary grenades into the universe. I think the Scottish bands are very different from the English punks, here's more pop and melody in the music. I guess this is due to the cozy Scottish mentality and they are far ahead of the busy urbanites. I know it well too when I'm outside of Frankfurt and visit the countryside, the people are somehow relaxed as we. Well, for that here's more action. Certain is, this Scottish gem is a brilliant record from a really good band, also worth mentioning here the lyrics. You will like it, I promise.


2 comments:

  1. Chik from xs discharge I'm living in Ireland now what's the craic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Chik, and what exactly is your concern?

      Delete