Friday, June 05, 2015

STRIDEUR - 13 12'' 1981

Laundry is washed and hung up and before my biketour starts fast something nice. This french band is totally unkonwn to me and I bought their record for a low price here in my favourite record store. Strideur is a electronic wave/punk band from Paris and I think this is their only release, I got the portuguese copy and originally this 12'' came out on Underdog Records. Four great tracks with lots of keyboards and they remind me a little bit of the early U.K. wave sound, you know. The compact songs are sung in french, comes much tuneful and there's always room for quieter moments and left me with a positive impression. A cool record which is with fifteen minutes of playing time far too short but belongs in any decent record collection!


5 comments:

  1. Hello Michael
    Actually they were from Nice on the French Riviera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sunny place to live, thx for the info

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could you re-up the Strideur 12"?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete