Sunday, June 14, 2015

AGRESSION - Don't Be Mistaken 1983

This piece of wax is another one in my personal Top Twenty and always a pleasure. Agression was an american punk band from Oxnard/C.A. and they were part of the first wave of skatepunk bands to emerge from southern California in the early 80's. Agression was very well known for its fast-paced, aggressive songs. Don't Be Mistaken, their debut full length, was released on BYO in 1983 and contains fourteen chock-full of rapid-fire skatepunk rhythms. I simply cannot recommend this record or this band enough. I remember how we, Richy & I, listen for the first time to this sound and doin' the Pogo in his room like crazy, hahaha...his mom was not amused - Mark Hickey, the singer, had such a unique voice and singing style, he was truly one of the best. The new millennium brought sadly the unfortunate deaths of two of its original and founding members: Mark Hickey in 2000, due to acute liver failure, and Henry Knowles lost to leukemia in 2002. If don't know this album now get it where you can.....you won't be disappointed. All cover artwork included.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks my man, seen em a bunch of times growing up in So. Cal. I believe they were part of the Nardcore sound from Northern Call. But I maybe wrong. They did however play with them bands alot. Dr. Know, Faction, Famous Tea etc.

    ReplyDelete