Monday, April 27, 2015

V/A - Le Rock D'Ici A L'Olympia 1978

Unique live album of the early French punk movement, recorded at the Olympia "Rock D'Ici" Festival/Paris, 8th, 9th, 10th July 1978. A superb compilation of very good bands with great tunes. The recordings are first-rate quality and I as an avowed friend of live plates award my highest mark. Remarkably the version of 'I Wanna Be Your Dog', the singer has an extraordinarily voice and gives the song a brilliant darkwave touch. I mean, I know many versions and the most are fast, dirty and pure punkrock but what Electric Callas made is erste Sahne!!!! Released on Pathé Marconi EMI, reissue 1999 as CD on Jurassic Punk/Anthology's.
A must have!!!!!

1.Rien À Dire - MARIE ET LES GARCONS & LES DIVINES
2.Plastic Faces - STINKY TOYS
3.Tout P'Tit Rock 'N Roller - DIESEL
4.O.K. Carole - BIJOU
5.Vie, Mort Et Résurrection D'Un Groupe Passion - BIJOU
6.I Wanna Be Your Dog - ELECTRIC CALLAS
7.No Escape - LOU'S
8.35 Tonnes - STARSHOOTER
9.Asphalt Jungle - ASPHALT JUNGLE
10.Wake Up - GUILTY RAZORS

- Special Thx to Fredrik -


1 comment:

  1. Excitement everywhere Youngsters with safety pins destroying the armchairs.Jan gill callas and me chatting of Bowie and Brian Ferry backstage drinking cheap beers Me passing successfully my Baccalaureat( abitur) .Early years , no drugs,INNOCENCE

    ReplyDelete