Saturday, November 29, 2014

V/A - Six Of The Best 1979

Looking to South Africa and meet this compilation which was posted three years ago by Girls From Tahiti blog and I must confess that album passed me by, why? no idea. So I'm glad here's it again. So this record isn't a real punk album, goes more in the alternative direction but notable mostly for the two Wild Youth cuts which are only on this comp. In just over 25 minutes, the music rushes through and I find pleasure in it. In addition to Wild Youth come the Leopard tracks very cool. Certainly not a piece of vinyl for I would spend € 50,- or more but overall interesting stuff, incidentally cool cover. Released on WEA records. 

1.Record Companies - WILD YOUTH
2.Underestimator - LEOPARD
3.I Know What I Like - SAFARI SUITS
4.Inside I'm Cryin' - BILL FLYNN
5.Victim's Victim - CORPORAL PUNISHMENT
6.Boys And Bitches - LEOPARD
7.I Don't Want Your Guillotine - ROGER LUCEY
8.A South African In Paris - SAFARI SUITS
9.Goddess Of Depression - CORPORAL PUNISHMENT
10.All Messed Up - WILD YOUTH

- Many Thx to Fredrik -

3 comments:

  1. Dude! I've been looking for this for years....and the link is dead! Aaaargh!!! Please re-up? thanks for the Dog Detachment too, great stuff man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. link's fixed, Enjoy this little goodie :)

      Delete
  2. You're the best, thanks a million!

    ReplyDelete