Sunday, July 24, 2016

JESUS COULDN'T DRUM - Er, ...Something About Cows 1985

Not really punky but Jesus Couldn't Drum play a decent new wave/synth-pop/experimental mix, band from the UK and I've acquired this record during my vacation in 1998 in Funen/Denmark in a cool record store called Moby Dick. I don't know why, but I never heard anything by the band and probably it was the cool band name and the funny cover which led me. Jesus Couldn't Drum consisted of two friends from Brighton, Peter "Pengwyn" Williams and Jonathan "Staines" Lemon and their main period of work stemmed from about 1984 to 1987 and both like humor and that album was a mixture of songs and "skits" (I think with "This Is Fun" is the shortest punk song ever written). Originally this piece of vinyl includes a flexi (500 copies) so don't buy one without and finally this album is really jolly good, mal was anderes oder....? Releaseed on Lost Moment Records.


- - - - - -

6 comments:

  1. Many thanks for this rarety, my friend.Have a lovely Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  2. File deleted can you re-upload

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much 😊👍 I hope you can upload their other album in the future

      Delete