Monday, April 18, 2016

VOÏVOD - Rrröööaaarrr 1986

One more from my Metal records and this time we cross the atlantic and make a stop in Jonquière/Quebec, Canada and meet Voïvod. I remember Richy when he came in with the debut album 'War And Pain' and this sound was somehow different from Venom, Slayer or Possessed (our faves that time). Chaotic song structure away from the typical construction of verse/chorus/solo/tschüß, no this four create a new style and so I have still two albums here. Also noteworthy are the cover designs which all paint by drummer Away, mostly with futuristic machines, the new age regards. Many albums were recorded and I had enough with the fourth and turned then more into punk. Well, I have intense memories with Voïvod, saw them live with Whiplash and Sodom in Mainz and all that remains unforgotten. - Recently I read that guitarist Piggy died on 26.August 2005 on some fucking cancer...shit game. One more reason to enjoy this roaring highlight.

here

3 comments:

  1. I remember right as they entered the scene as I had them on some videos, yes a real notice to this band thanks for that

    ReplyDelete
  2. This new metal oddity is so much aprreciated, so that, many thanks and have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. rrrrroooooooaaaaarrrrrrrrr !!!!these fuckers were too crazy for me back to the 80's,until nothingface came out and my favorite angel rat_________now after all these years of noise,i even find'em good!

    ReplyDelete