Friday, January 01, 2016

VULPESS - Me Gusta Seruna Zorra 2005

Female punk band made up of four women. Pioneers of the aggressiveness they showed in their songs and concerts, there were a hole in the Basque musical scene. Vulpess (latin name for fox, and this a slang name for whore if I understand right) was the first punk female band in the Basque Country (Spain), formed in 1982 by four girls between seventeen and twenty-one years old. The had their glory minute when they played in TV "Me Gusta Ser Una Zorra" (I like being a whore) in a TV program in 1983. They released one great single and they dissolved the same year. The music is actually more '77 punk/garage and catchy then most of the stuff on this site, but still aggresive enough to grab every punk's attention. Too bad they didn't make at least another record. In 2005 met promptly and returned to the studio to record this CD. In 2012 came out a live album called Barbarela '83 via Punk Away Records in an edition of 800 copies, rec. live in Palma, must be also great. Get It!


8 comments:

  1. Hi bro.Happy 2016 and many thanks for all suff you bring up here.
    I only want to say (although my English is not good) that You're right:I'm Spanish and "Zorra" in English you could translate as Whore, Slut, Bitch and similar adjectives to define this kind of women.Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Milord, thx for your confirmation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's nothing and thank you very mucho for all your constant gems you bring up here; and be strong even in your bleakest moments (I'm an old follower of your blog and I know what your girlfriend happened), so Feel the power to Carry on (sorry if my English is "crazy", I hate using translators so I write what is coming to my head; in fact I'm studying an A2 English course since several months ago).Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. okay, then you might know my feelings. Still heavy and sometimes I wanna quit with the Blog. Then comes back again the strength to go ahead with it... feel a little like a schizo... anyway... nice that you follow further. Cheers!

      Delete
  4. Hi again, this is my 3rd comment today. The other ones (n Even Worse & Toreros posts) were anonymous and maybe I forgot to sign them? Oops, sorry for that. This time I'm using my google account.

    I remember an old Vulpess post in the other blog, the one before things had to change, he he. I remember mentioning back then that there was diverse stuff circulating in the web, some gigs and their single of course. I myself used to have some ot that stuff but very low-quality mostly. Anyways, I recently found thet in the blog laconquistadelpunk-blogspot they have like 5-6 concerts or more (but there are repetitions with different titles, that's for sure), the single and a mysterious 2 tracks demo (I'd say the "Me gusta ser una zorra" version sounds very similar to the one they did for "Caja de ritmos" on TVE, but I'd have to check it more closely). So when I found that stuff around I thought about dropping you a line, even though we had that conversation like 10+ years ago or I don't know when, haha
    Take care/ alles Gute & saludos,

    Fernando :)




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a decent rip would be desirable, gracias!

      Delete
    2. Then try the blog I told you, there seems to be all the available stuff of the band:

      http://laconquistadelpunk.blogspot.com/search/label/Vulpes

      There's like 8 live tapes but some of them are repetitions. About the "maqueta 1982" (demo) I was right, it's the recordings done for the TV show.

      BTW the cover you used in this post is the single cover. The 2005 CD cover is this one: https://www.demonsshop.com/21092-thickbox_default/cd-vulpes-me-gusta-ser-una-zorra.jpg

      About the rips in the link above, I haven't checked the quality, but in case it's very poor, drop me a line (you have my mail now)

      ¡Saludos!

      Fernando :)

      Delete
    3. Gracias, I'll check it :)

      Delete