Monday, July 06, 2015

ALLER VÆRSTE! - T.A.V.! EP 1980

Here's a record how I love it: oblique, extraordinary beats, funny and hard to classify. I would describe the sound as punk but different, not 1-2-3-4 let's go hey ho, rather friggelig you know and I'm really excited. The Aller Værste! (The Worst!) exists from 1979–1981 and were formed in Bergen, members are Sverre (bass/organ/vocals), Lasse (guitar/organ/vocals), Chris (guitar/organ/vocals), Harald (bass/organ/vocals) and Ketil (drums) which started out as a hobby project by four members of long-forgotten group Johnny Banan Band. They are influenced and inspired by punk, new wave, ska and reggae and released two albums and three 7inches. Several of their releases are considered classics in Norwegian rock. They received a Spellemannprisen (a Norwegian music award presented to Norwegian musicians) in 1980, for the album Materialtretthet. Their two first singles are played at the influential BBC, by program manager John Peel. The group disbanded after their second LP Disniland I De Tusen Hjem. They had a reunion tour in 1990 and concerts in Bergen and Oslo in 1999. So this is their second EP on Den Gode Hensikt with four goodies.

- Special Thx to Fredrik -

2 comments:

  1. Heya! Though you might be interested in my blog, concerned as I am with the Norwegian punk/postpunk scene; rare The Aller Værste-releases, other Norwegian legends and lots of obscure stuff. Feel free to repost whatever you want, as long as you give me a nod in the post!

    http://keineangstmusik.blogspot.no/

    Best regards

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see your blog for the first time and you've got some good stuff. The EP was sent by my friend as you can see.... but if you interested - if you want a link exchange...ok!

    ReplyDelete