Sunday, April 26, 2015

V/A - Ljud Från Friberga 1978

So, it's time to have my first coffee and let's have a look for more rarities now. This classic Swedish compilation was released by Bröderna Surf Records in the late 70s and what's on it is simply awesome. Six Bands with each two songs. A rough mix of true '77 garage punk. Every band is totally unknown to me and I don't know if they had more records released. "Sounds From Friberg", so the album title, kicks in every way and a further example how big and variable the Swedish underground scene was. Compared here with Germany very many bands have founded and made sure that the punk spirit was alive and they recorded records for eternity and nowadays highly sought rarities. A secure pension if you have 50 plates of it. I'm talking rubbish again or, haha... / Cool stuff, nice tunes, excellent, I love records like these - Big Point!!

1.The King & Queen - CHILLY CHIMES
2.Night Walker - FIFTH AVENUE
3.They Are Gone - OVERDOZE
4.I'm A Fool - HIGH VOLTAGE
5.Mrs Blue - SUPERSTITION
6.Säj, Älskar Du Mäj - SANTA LUZIA
7.Tysta Gatan - SANTA LUZIA
8.Real Cardics - SUPERSTITION
9.I Saw Her - HIGH VOLTAGE
10.Run Throught The Desert - OVERDOZE
11.Underground Lady - FIFTH AVENUE
12.Katti Har Inga Kamrater - CHILLY CHIMES

- Big Fuckin' Thx to Fredrik -


No comments:

Post a Comment