Sunday, March 01, 2015

GERHARD HELMUT & RIPPER - Live @ Rock Corporation/Hollywood USA 1975

Frankfurt 8°, grey skies, rain, spring is still far and I continue March with this crone jewel. A historical tone document in a damn good quality and I can promise you these recordings blow you away. Eleven songs, full with wild raw energy are here celebrated in less than 30 minutes and if the Sex Pistols regarded as the inventor of punk this must be rethought because we know this cliché built the press in those days without really knowing what. Fuck them! The spirit to leave the norm and be yourself is alive in this music and makes clear that we will not be tamed, this is our life, our rules, our freedom. Put your crappy thoughts in your ass and shut up! Ahhh, this LP is revolutionary, haha.. Let me give you some info about the band which I quote from the superb Austro-Rock-Lexikon site: "Gerhard Helmut, Graz-born vocalist (in the 1960's he fronted the Austrian beat band VAMPS) who moved to New York in 1969, but relocated to Hollywood in 1972 was the bass player for Shady Lady, an underground early 70s L.A. lam rock band in the mold of DOLLS/STONES, they recorded an excellent LP, but it was never released, the band broke up in early '73, a few years later when punk rose up he formed this band RIPPER that release one great self produced new wave/punk single of which the a side got onto the Who Put The Bomp? compilation, that also distribute their release now impossible to find with Unter Der Faust in the A side (a german version of Under My Thumb from the Stones) and 'Trapped Like A Rat' on the flipside. Gerhard Helmut lives now in Hawaii." So this record came out 2008 on the Italian label 'Snaps Music' and is strictly limited to 40 pieces. I'm sure you will like this exquisite record, I in any case enjoy every fuckin' minute.

- EXTRA Special Thx to Mr.Reinhard -

7 comments:

  1. Totally unknown for me , what a find !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the original 45 of "Unter Der Faust" which I have loved for years. I never heard anything more about Gerhard Helmut until I decided to Google his name and I came across your blog with this recording. I can't wait to hear it! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ich habe das neulich bei New Rose Radio gehört. Kannst du die Scheibe nochmal hochladen? Danke

    ReplyDelete